- NY Times: Young Women Often Trendsetters in Vocal Patterns – “The truth is this: Young women take linguistic features and use them as power tools for building relationships.”
- But, Pinterest is for Girls: Sexism & Social Media – “Pinterest is for girls. This also means, of course, that people think it is lesser than other social networking sites, because media for women is less ‘important’ or ‘meaningful’ than media for the mythical everyperson, who mysteriously always seems to be a man.”
- Transformation & Transcendence: The Power of Female Friendship – “Here’s the truth: friendships between women are often the deepest and most profound love stories, but they are often discussed as if they are ancillary, “bonus” relationships to the truly important ones.”
- Female Friends Spend Raucous Night Validating the Living S*!t Out of Each Other – “The entire night we just went balls out with the confidence-boosting…”
- Via Lists of Note: The Anti-Flirt Club’s Rules from the early 1920’s – My favorite might be “Don’t accept rides from flirting motorists—they don’t invite you in to save you a walk.”
2 thoughts on “Just Another (Feminist) Link List: 03.06.12”
That piece by Emily Rapp left me in tears. Wrinkly love.
Yeah it made me cry too. Wrinkles are the best.