This isn’t really what my cookies looked like. This is my depiction of what they might have looked like had they not all been eaten before I thought to take a picture. This is my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe which I then make chunkier depending on what other ingredients I have on hand. I’ve also increased the chocolate chips because there’s nothing worse than having a mile in between each chocolate chip. & the dried cherries? YUM, totally worth it.
Chocolate Chip (Chunk) Cookies
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
1 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- In another bowl beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets.
Bake for 9-11 minutes (it depends on the size you make them).